Wednesday, May 20, 2026
World News Prime
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Breaking News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
  • Gaming
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
World News Prime
  • Home
  • Breaking News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
  • Gaming
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
No Result
View All Result
World News Prime
No Result
View All Result
Home Breaking News

No online platform gets ‘free pass’ when it comes to child safety, says Starmer

February 15, 2026
in Breaking News
Reading Time: 4 mins read
0 0
0
No online platform gets ‘free pass’ when it comes to child safety, says Starmer
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Join the View from Westminster e-mail for professional evaluation straight to your inbox

Get our free View from Westminster e-mail

Get our free View from Westminster e-mail

View from Westminster

No on-line platform will get a “free cross” in relation to youngsters’s security on the web, Sir Keir Starmer has stated, forward of setting out new plans to forestall harms.

Youngsters could possibly be prevented from utilizing digital personal networks (VPNs) to illicitly entry pornography, and restricted from talking with on-line chatbots below proposals being floated by the Prime Minister to bolster on-line security.

The Authorities additionally plans to seek the advice of on banning youngsters from social media, and proscribing infinite scrolling.

Sir Keir will meet dad and mom and younger individuals on Monday to insist that the Authorities will do all it might to maintain youngsters secure on-line.

The Authorities is vowing to shut authorized loopholes which have allowed chatbots to create deepfake nude pictures, and is planning additional curbs on social media.

This follows the disagreement between ministers and Elon Musk earlier this 12 months, after his Grok AI chatbot – embedded into the social media website X – was used extensively to make pretend nude pictures of girls.

Forward of launching the session, the Prime Minister stated: “As a dad of two youngsters, I do know the challenges and the concerns that folks face ensuring their children are secure on-line.

“Expertise is transferring actually quick, and the legislation has bought to maintain up. With my Authorities, Britain will likely be a pacesetter, not a follower, in relation to on-line security.

“The motion we took on Grok despatched a transparent message that no platform will get a free cross.

“At this time we’re closing loopholes that put youngsters in danger, and laying the groundwork for additional motion.

“We’re performing to guard youngsters’s wellbeing and assist dad and mom to navigate the minefield of social media.”

The session into new social media protections will launch in March and be guided by what dad and mom and kids say they wish to see.

Ministers additionally plan to introduce powers by means of the Youngsters’s Wellbeing and Colleges Invoice to speedily change the legislation in reactions to altering on-line behaviours.

Elsewhere, amendments to the Crime and Policing Invoice will likely be used to make sure chatbots shield customers from unlawful content material.

Expertise Secretary Liz Kendall stated: “I do know that folks throughout the nation need us to behave urgently to maintain their youngsters secure on-line. That’s why I stood as much as Grok and Elon Musk once they flouted British legal guidelines and British values.

“We won’t wait to take the motion households want, so we are going to tighten the principles on AI chatbots and we’re laying the bottom so we will act at tempo on the outcomes of the session on younger individuals and social media.

“We’re decided to present youngsters the childhood they deserve and to arrange them for the longer term at time of fast technological change.”

The Crime and Policing Invoice can even be up to date to incorporate measures which is able to protect youngsters’s social media and on-line information, as referred to as for by the marketing campaign group Jools’ Legislation.

The marketing campaign was began by Ellen Roome, when questions in regards to the dying of her 14-year-old son Jools couldn’t be answered as information of his digital exercise couldn’t be accessed.

Lord Nash, a Conservative former minister who has been campaigning within the Lords for tighter social media controls for kids, welcomed the adoption of Jools’ Legislation by the Authorities.

He added: “Nevertheless, we have now an ethical responsibility to attempt to guarantee it’s by no means wanted in future by avoiding future tragedies.

“There are too many youngsters who’re nonetheless being catastrophically harmed by social media every single day, and this announcement won’t stop that. This session is simply delay dressed up as course of.

“As a substitute of extra deliberation, the Authorities should elevate the age restrict to 16 for essentially the most dangerous platforms now and has the chance to take action when the modification effecting this – which handed overwhelmingly within the Home of Lords – returns to the Commons. For every single day we delay, the extra youngsters we fail.”

Shadow training secretary Laura Trott stated the announcement was “extra smoke and mirrors from a Authorities that has chosen inaction in relation to stopping under-16s accessing social media”.

She stated: “Labour have repeatedly stated they don’t have a view on whether or not under-16s needs to be prevented from accessing social media. That’s not adequate. I’m clear that we must always cease under-16s accessing these platforms.

“The proof of hurt is obvious and oldsters, academics and kids themselves have made their voices heard. Britain is lagging behind whereas different nations have recognised the dangers and begun to behave.”

Liberal Democrat training spokeswoman Munira Wilson stated: “There isn’t a time to waste, however the Authorities continues to kick the can down the street. We want a a lot clearer, agency timeline for when they are going to take motion.

“Parliament deserves an actual say and the prospect to correctly scrutinise the Authorities’s plans. As a substitute, the Prime Minister is determined to purchase himself time together with his MPs with an strategy that may restrict oversight now and sooner or later.”

Andy Burrows, chief government of the Molly Rose Basis, stated: “This a welcome down fee however the Prime Minister should now go additional.

“Sir Keir Starmer ought to decide to a brand new On-line Security Act that strengthens regulation and makes clear that product security and kids’s wellbeing is the price of doing enterprise within the UK.”



Source link

Tags: childfreeOnlinepassPlatformSafetyStarmer
Previous Post

Simeone dismisses Oblak claim after Atletico stunned by Rayo

Next Post

‘Sinners’ Filmmaker Ryan Coogler Makes Tearful Speech After Big Wins At AAFCA Awards

Related Posts

Xi silent on Ukraine but tells Putin ‘imperative’ to end war in Middle East: Live
Breaking News

Xi silent on Ukraine but tells Putin ‘imperative’ to end war in Middle East: Live

May 20, 2026
Big guns return as Matildas call up teen goalkeeper
Breaking News

Big guns return as Matildas call up teen goalkeeper

May 20, 2026
Why rising fuel costs are pushing drivers towards EVs | e27
Breaking News

Why rising fuel costs are pushing drivers towards EVs | e27

May 20, 2026
The £20m plan to restore world-famous London cemetery where George Michael is buried
Breaking News

The £20m plan to restore world-famous London cemetery where George Michael is buried

May 20, 2026
What happened between Adin Ross and Anthony Fantano after Drake mentioned the streamer in Iceman lyrics?
Breaking News

What happened between Adin Ross and Anthony Fantano after Drake mentioned the streamer in Iceman lyrics?

May 19, 2026
Xi-Trump talks cast fresh spotlight on Taiwan as part of China’s maritime strategy
Breaking News

Xi-Trump talks cast fresh spotlight on Taiwan as part of China’s maritime strategy

May 20, 2026
Next Post
‘Sinners’ Filmmaker Ryan Coogler Makes Tearful Speech After Big Wins At AAFCA Awards

'Sinners' Filmmaker Ryan Coogler Makes Tearful Speech After Big Wins At AAFCA Awards

FBI: DNA from glove near Guthrie home appears to match glove worn by suspect

FBI: DNA from glove near Guthrie home appears to match glove worn by suspect

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kyrgyzstan Under the Khanstitution: 5 Years On

Kyrgyzstan Under the Khanstitution: 5 Years On

January 12, 2026
The Top 10 Websites of All Time According to AI

The Top 10 Websites of All Time According to AI

August 27, 2025
Ashton Kutcher Talks About Demi Moore Years After Divorce Left Her Heartbroken – Perez Hilton

Ashton Kutcher Talks About Demi Moore Years After Divorce Left Her Heartbroken – Perez Hilton

January 16, 2026
Injection π23 Tabula Rasa Brings Classic Survival Horror to Xbox Series X|S – Xbox Wire

Injection π23 Tabula Rasa Brings Classic Survival Horror to Xbox Series X|S – Xbox Wire

December 29, 2025
Retired? You may be eligible for the UAE 5-Year Retirement Visa: Eligibility, requirements, and benefits explained | World News – The Times of India

Retired? You may be eligible for the UAE 5-Year Retirement Visa: Eligibility, requirements, and benefits explained | World News – The Times of India

September 15, 2025
What can home buyers do to speed up their property chain and complete a deal?

What can home buyers do to speed up their property chain and complete a deal?

April 24, 2026
Xi silent on Ukraine but tells Putin ‘imperative’ to end war in Middle East: Live

Xi silent on Ukraine but tells Putin ‘imperative’ to end war in Middle East: Live

May 20, 2026
Big guns return as Matildas call up teen goalkeeper

Big guns return as Matildas call up teen goalkeeper

May 20, 2026
Why rising fuel costs are pushing drivers towards EVs | e27

Why rising fuel costs are pushing drivers towards EVs | e27

May 20, 2026
Cannes 2026: ‘Minotaur’ is a Brilliant Look at Modern World Moral Rot | FirstShowing.net

Cannes 2026: ‘Minotaur’ is a Brilliant Look at Modern World Moral Rot | FirstShowing.net

May 20, 2026
Dan Harmon confirms Rick and Morty movie is in the works

Dan Harmon confirms Rick and Morty movie is in the works

May 19, 2026
The £20m plan to restore world-famous London cemetery where George Michael is buried

The £20m plan to restore world-famous London cemetery where George Michael is buried

May 20, 2026
World News Prime

Discover the latest world news, insightful analysis, and comprehensive coverage at World News Prime. Stay updated on global events, business, technology, sports, and culture with trusted reporting you can rely on.

CATEGORIES

  • Breaking News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Gaming
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel

LATEST UPDATES

  • Xi silent on Ukraine but tells Putin ‘imperative’ to end war in Middle East: Live
  • Big guns return as Matildas call up teen goalkeeper
  • Why rising fuel costs are pushing drivers towards EVs | e27
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA
  • Cookie Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Contact Us

© 2025 World News Prime.
World News Prime is not responsible for the content of external sites.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Breaking News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
  • Gaming
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle

© 2025 World News Prime.
World News Prime is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In